Friday 9 November 2012

The Potato

I feel I must explain the sometimes subtle and at other times no so subtle references to the humble potato during my last entry. For the potato is not usually the protagonist on a darts night. Indeed the potato is the supporting actor, the part that brings a crunch to the roast beef or part that elevates the can of tuna into a gourmet meal. But last night the potato was the fire starter. In previous campaigns arguments have raged over contentious blog entry's, loud music, unstable oches, and just rude behaviour, after all we are talking about highly tuned athletes locked in combat in often claustrophobic conditions as they quaff back vast amounts of alcohol in a relatively short time period. But never before have I encountered such a rowdy plate of chips.
I wasn't privy to the actual shenanigans that unfolded but I somehow believe that they involved Neil the "Dude" Crosby's' former betrothed and a gentlemen by the name of Tarquin O'malley who one rather suspected had quaffed a little too much Pimms.

No comments: